If only selling a novel was as easy as packing it up and shipping it off to a publisher for them to turn into a best-seller. Whether you are self-publishing or traditionally publishing, today’s author needs to know how to find the key selling points, craft a powerful pitch and premise and know how to market their novel to their audience.
The Novel Proposal teaches you not only what to do, but how to sell your amazing novel.
- The key elements of your story that make it sellable
- The must-have components of a compelling synopsis
- How to find the one dramatic reason someone must buy your novel
- The tricks for creating a elevator-stopping one-line pitch
- The formula for a can’t-put-down premise (back cover blurb)
- Step-by-step instruction on writing a query letter
- The key ingredients to a winning marketing plan
- The 10-point checklist for powerful sample chapters
- Sample proposal elements to jumpstart your creativity
And step-by-step application worksheets on how to create a proposal that sells!
The Novel Proposal includes:
- 8 downloadable Video/Audio (mp3) lessons
- 8 PDF handouts – completely writable on your computer
- A file of resources that includes:
- sample query letters
- sample synopsis
- sample proposals
- A fill-in Proposal TEMPLATE
and…for those who’d rather READ than listen: the MBT Novel Proposal Worktext! (PDF)
“Best-selling author Susan May Warren says it best: Writing your novel is only half the battle. If you want to conquer the will-I-ever-be-published challenge, you need to know how to sell your novel to both agents and editors. The step-by-step instructions provided in The Novel Proposal help you craft a professional, compelling proposal showcasing your novel. I rely on these techniques each time I need to craft a proposal and/or synopsis for a manuscript.” ~Beth K. Vogt, multi-published author with Howard Books
“Without a doubt, Susan May Warren’s teaching on how to wow agents and editors with a skillfully crafted proposal was a mega game-changer for me. The tips and tools I gleaned helped me create a proposal that stood out from the crowd. For anyone who is thinking, ‘My book is ready. Now what?’ MBT’s Novel Proposal is the perfect next-step resource.” ~ Melissa Tagg, multi-published author with Bethany House Books