We have lots planned for MBT this year! If you’re wondering why you might want to stick around, bookmark the blog, get the flashblog or join our free or paid premium membership…well, here are a few reasons!
1. Focus on SCENES! We’re going to focus on building great SCENEs this year – both in our Advanced Member lessons and our Peptalks! We’re going to be doing live critiques on the Peptalks – (anonymous!) as well as pulling apart powerful scenes to show you how they work. In the Advanced Member lessons, we’ll take apart the elements and show you how to build them into your own novels.
2. The Business of Writing! We know that becoming an author is much much more than just writing a great book. Today’s author must know how to market their story, as well as manage the business of writing and their career. We’ll be tackling all aspects of the writing journey with an in-depth look at the Business of Publishing. Here’s a sneak peek of our upcoming webinars:
- Writing Short Stories for the MBT Splickety Contest. Why this is important for your career and What’s in it for the author.
- Writing a Breakout First Chapter for the Frasier
- How to self-publish a book
- The AuthorPreneur: How to create a small business as an author
- What truly makes a book sell?
- Creating a fan base that will fight for you.
- Marketing Yourself for success, Part One: Branding
- Marketing Yourself for Success, Part Two: Social Media
- Marketing Yourself for Success, Part Three: Getting the most out of events
- Non-traditional Publishing: the New Tradition.
- Do it the Right way: Setting up the Business of Writing
- Incorporate or not? Expenses, deductions and taxes. Record keeping.
- Get Noticed! How to Make Websites, social media, speaking, connecting with tribes work for you
Although these will be open to the public for a fee, they are FREE to Premium Members!
3. Blogs that answer your questions!
We have a great line up of blogs this year!
- Mondays: Head Coach Susie May will be covering advanced Q & A in her new Vlog series!
- Tuesdays: One Thing Marketing by Marketing/Events Coach Melissa Tagg on simple steps you can take to market your book!
- Wednesdays Line up:
- Skills Coach, Beth Vogt explains writing terms and how they fit into your novel
- Social Media Coach Edie Melson blogs about Connections: How to use Social Media to build a tribe
- Bleachers Coordinator, Lisa Jordan teaches on finding Balance in life and writing
- Retreats Hostess and newbie writer Alena Taurainen talks about the Next Step – baby steps to publication.
- Brainstorm Coach Michelle Lim talks about: Idea Sparking your way out of writer’s blog
- Thursdays: Head Therapist Rachel Hauck teaches on the structure of FairyTales and how they help us build better stories!
- Fridays: Find our Featured Fiction from our Frasier Judges!
- Saturdays: Life Coaching with Dr. Reba J. Hoffman
Bookmark the blog and/or sign up for the Flashblog and don’t miss a thing!
4. A New Retreat! Kiss and Tell – how to write a Romance. This romance retreat is designed for those who want to learn to write everything from a thread of romance to a full out romance. Check it out at: http://www.mybooktherapy.com/magento/kiss-and-tell-retreat.html
All this along with all our regular fun – from our Monday Night Chats, to our Frasier Contest, to our Deep and Wide retreat (2 spots left!) to our annual Pizza Party and WriMo celebration. Are you member? Join us for free! (www.mybooktherapy.com/join-the-team)
We’re going to have a great writing year! Are you ready?